We are a group of Christians that are striving to glorify God in all that we do. We recognize no other authority for what we teach and practice other than the Bible (Colossians 3:17). We believe in the inspiration of the Scriptures (2 Timothy 3:16). We recognize that Jesus purchased the church with His blood (Acts 20:28) and that He is the head of it (Ephesians 5:23). The Bible is our sole source of authority. We do not rely upon creeds, disciplines, manuals, or catechisms. God's law is given to us in perfect form. Our goal is to abide by that law and to be the church God commands us to be. Our endeavor upon this earth is to honor and glorify God. Our hope is that by teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ and by our example and influence others will be obedient to God's will. As Christians everywhere are to be the light of the world (Matthew 5:16), we are striving to be a bright light in a darkened world.
Our belief is that in order for one to receive remission of sins they must adhere to God's instructions. He has commanded that to receive forgiveness of sins and become a child of His that each individual must:
- Hear - "So belief cometh of hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ." - Romans 10:17
- Believe - "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for except ye believe that I am he, ye shall die in your sins." - John 8:24
- Repent - "I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all in like manner perish." - Luke 13:3
- Confess - "because if thou shalt confess with thy mouth Jesus as Lord, and shalt believe in thy heart that God raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved: for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." - Romans 10:9-10
- Be Baptized -"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that disbelieveth shall be condemned." - Mark 16:16
One must remain faithful while living upon this earth (Revelation 2:10), then and only then will we have the home in heaven for all eternity.